Monday, March 9, 2015

The Standard of Truth has been Erected - 10/6/14

Bonjour à tous,
I'm afraid that I'm a bit short on time today, but there are a few things I just had to mention.
Update:
Transfers happened last Wednesday, and I find myself spending another six weeks here in Aulnay with Elder Toscano. I'm ecstatic about this because that means I'll be around to see the baptism of four of our amis! In the early weeks of November, we're looking to see Arsenne, our investigator from Ivory Coast, and 3 members of the Souisson family baptized, including Christelle (mother), Lucinda (12 year-old daughter) and Chloe (10 year-old daughter). It is our prayer that Laurent, the father of the Souisson family, will accept the invitation to be baptized as well, that the entire family may enter the fold with sights on the temple.
Brothers and Sisters, the story of the Souisson family is truly beautiful. About two months ago, a family from Guadalupe, the Bonbon family, visited our ward and referred a family to Elder Utahia and I. This family, despite their vacation, still managed to hold a family home evening every single Monday. Moreover, they managed to invite another family to their family home evenings. This invited family was that of the Souissons.
Elder Toscano and I visited this family with the goal of helping them hold their own family home evening now that the Bonbons returned home. The Souissons loved our message and the evening together in their home. They invited us to return the following Monday. We returned with a baptism invite. I will remember Christelle's acceptance for the rest of my life. She said "I'm so impressed by the love and warm feeling that entered my home as the Bonbons laughed together, loved one another, and talked of Christ. This same Spirit is in my home right now, and I want my family to have that same Spirit and love. We will be baptized."
Brothers and sisters, I loved watching conference so much. I loved hearing the words of the prophets, apostles, and members of the seventy in English, Spanish, Portugese, and Mandarin; each disciple testifying of the Savior Jesus Christ. I was particularily struck by the words of Elder Richard G. Scott as he exhorted us to prioritize and make time to pray and study the scriptures together as a family. Make time for family home evenings as it is precious time to share and grow testimonies together as a family.
Brothers and sisters, I have a testimony that Christ's church is restored on the Earth. If you are not of member of this faith, I invite you to come and see. Go to www.mormon.org and see what all of these emails are really about. If you are already a member of Christ's church, I invite you to do as Elder Bednar advised, and simply invite others to partake of this substance that is "desirable to make one happy [as it has you.]"
I love you all dearly and hope that we can each return home with a desire to improve and grow a little more.
Elder Wheatley

No comments :

Post a Comment