Monday, March 9, 2015

Miracles of the Spirit - 11/10/14

Bonjour chers amis,
The past two weeks brought about some extraordinary blessings that touched my heart to the fullest.
On Halloween night, Elder Toscano and I decided to go and visit a home that we had knocked a couple weeks earlier in the wealthiest part of our sector. The impeccable timing of this prompting caught us off guard a bit, but we gave it a shot. We travelled to Gagny and rang at the gate of what was probably the largest home in the neighborhood. Like, seriously, this home was flippin' beautiful -- but anyway, a woman came to the gate with a bag of candy. Upon seeing us, she was rather taken back. We started our contact and she blurted out, "oui! oui! Entrez! Entrez!" I don't think I've ever been so shocked to see this response in my life!
We entered the home and the woman ushered us to a beautiful sitting room and seated us a rather large table, she then left to grab her husband. Her husband, Nicholas, descended the stairs and said "Do you prefer to speak English?" Oh dear Ghandi, this is too good to be true! I thought. It turns out that Nicholas was an international trader and had, in fact, spoken with the missionaries multiple times! He said that of all religions he has come across, he is by far the most fond of Mormons. At the end of our lesson, we took down his information, and he is now our newest investigator -- or shall I say his entire family!
Brothers and sisters, of all the things I've come to learn while here on the mission, the greatest is how little we can do without the Spirit. Elder Toscano and I could have spent the entire evening knocking doors and contacting in, what would seem to us as, logical areas to spend our efforts, but the Spirit showed us better. The French family of Nicholas was a great refresher to my testimony that the Lord prepares his children for the Gospel and that it is our responsibility to be there when they are ready. Imagine having that sort of Spirit with you at all moments. Imagine the good that could be done with friends, family, and yourself. Think of how much more fulfilling life would be. The Spirit is such an incredible blessing; it's no wonder that we say "the gift of the Holy Ghost." All we must do is have faith, repent of our sins, receive the ordonnances, and live our lives worthy of the Spirit's presence.
So, I received word on transfers! Come Wednesday, I am being transferred to the South of Paris in a sector called Antony! It's basically on the exact opposite of Paris where I'm at right now. My mailing address will be:
Les Missionnaries (Elder Wheatley)
27, Rue de Fontenay
92340 Bourg-la-Reine
France
Love you all dearly!

This Saturday we were blessed to have the baptism of Arsene Echiman. I've grown very close to this newly-baptized-and-confirmed member and the Spirit felt at his service was extraordinary.

This was right after the service. On my left is le pot, Salson! I love that guy so much! That man is quite the baller when it comes to the le foot, but more importantly, he bares testimony like a champ! 

Last night I was blessed to partipate in a musicale fireside that took place in Torcy. The Spirit was so strong and my testimony of music was refreshed.

No comments :

Post a Comment