Monday, March 9, 2015

A Father's Love - 8/4/14

Bonjour tous le monde!
Weekly Update
This week has been splendid. We found some new investigators, taught some lessons, and saw hand of the Lord lift up the little branch here in Aulnay. The clock is ticking until our musical fireside, and I know that this will be an excellent opportunity to strengthen the branch and find those who are searching for answers. I'm so blessed that I get to conduct these Saints each Sunday. I learned how to play the piano for them! You hear that mom?! Your boy can play hymns now!

The language is still moving along splendidly! Yesterday, I had the opportunity to translate our fast and testimony meeting for an american family that came to visit. I was very pleased with the results! It certainly wasn't anywhere close to perfect, but I was able to get the points and principles across. Though, there were many times when my translation was difficult to understand. For example, a member mentioned the DMP (ward mission leader) in his testimony, and my response was "and the ward... guy... who mission stuff... mission dude!" They just all looked back at me with a "what the heck?" expression on their faces. Haha! Improvement's in the making!
A Father's Love
This week I noticed something very beautiful. We have a member in our branch, Pascal Henry, who out of nowhere became severely ill, went to the hospital, and learned that he needed to have a heart transplant. Some form of bacteria was constricting his heart, and he needed to have it replaced. It was a huge deal!
Prior to the transplant, Pascal had not come to church in a very long time. Still, member after member came to visit Pascal in the hospital. The branch prayed and fasted for Pascal often. Pascal's transplant happened, and the procedure went soundly. He can walk again, and he's body's on a quick route to recovery. However, he must stay in the hospital for another two months to make sure that everything is working the way it needs to. Members are still coming in and out all the time for visits, yet, there's one member who stays a bit longer than all the rest: Pascal's father, Frère Henry.
Frère Henry is so cool. He's the president of the Elders quorum, and a pretty old fellow; in his early 60s I think. His love for Pascal is remarkable. Every single day after work, Frère Henry goes straight to the hospital to stay by his son. Saturdays, Sundays, Frère Henry is there, loving and supporting Pascal, giving him courage. Pascal was very frightened before the procedure, but Frère Henry helped sooth many of his worries.
Seeing the love of Frère Henry really got me thinking, how much does our Heavenly Father love us? If a man on Earth could sacrifice all the freetime he has to stand by his son's side to love him, support him, and guide him through trials, how much more does our Father in Heaven do that for us?
Matthew 7:7-11 states:
"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:""For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened."
"For what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?""Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?"
"If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?"
I testify that our Father in Heaven is perfect, and he can be the most loving Father we need, if we let him into our lives. Pascal was very comforted by his father. Imagine how much comfort we can receive from our Eternal Father everyday if we but ask for his help.
I know that Christ lives. I know that he is my Savior, and it was by his sacrifice that I can find Eternal joy. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is Christ's orignal church restored on the Earth today. A church that holds the doctrines of Christ; the ordinances of Christ; and the power of Christ. I know these things because I have asked, I have searched, and I have received.
Thanks for the love everybody.

I love you all so much... Thanks for the packages Clarissa and Jess! Love you both!


Look who I ran into at a BYU folk dance fireside in Versaille! Thought you might like to see this, Claire.
I went on exchanges to Auxerre this week, which was probably the most beautiful ville I've seen so far!

No comments :

Post a Comment