Monday, March 9, 2015

Paris!! - 6/2/14

Bonjour!!
I'm in France, everybody! So we left the MTC on Monday morning to catch our 11-hour, direct flight to Paris. I didn't sleep a bit, but that's okay because I was greeted with the beautiful mission home beds when we got to France! Ohhhh my goodness,  this place is so beautiful... the people are beautiful (and super nice), the buildings are beautiful, and the scenery is beautiful. I love it so much.
The second day here, we met our trainers and received our first assignment. My trainer is a Tahitian Francophone (French speaker) named Elder Utahia who is awesome! I love him a ton! Our first area where I'm serving for at least the next six week is... AULNAY!! Which is a sector of... wait for it... PARIS!!! I'm in Paris! It's so great!
There's a lot to see here, but there's so much work for us. Our branch is very small, about 20 people in fact, but the members here work a ton! It seems that we receive a referral from a different member everyday! Hey! Here's my new mailing address:

Elder Nick Wheatley
33, Rue Maximilien Robespierre
94120 Fontenay Sous Bois
France

READ THIS: Okay... get ready for this. So a couple days ago, Elder Utahia and I were having a tough time finding new investigators. We contacted all day, but we couldn't seem to find anybody interested. After a while, we prayed for help and inspiration. Not long after, we received a call from a member of the branch named Davy (he converted less than a year ago). He told us to go with him to a friend's house because his friend told him that he wanted to get BAPTIZED!
We went to the appointment with the investigator, Sosthine, and got to know him a bit. He's from Guadalupe like Davy, and he went with Davy to a branch Family Home Evening one night, and was super impressed that so many people could believe in something so strongly that they could dedicate their lives to it. He also loved how happy everyone was!
After we got to know him, we taught him the first lesson, and he loved it. Elder Utahia and I prayed before meeting Sosthine, and felt like we needed to invite him to baptism, and guess what! We did. And guess what! Sosthine is getting baptized on June 21st! I can sure testify that God hears our prayers and leads us to those who want the peace, comfort, and joy of this Gospel if we ask. So cool!

Hey look... Notre Dame!
​This is Davy from the branch, and the building behind us is the branch.
This is Elder Utahia from Tahiti! I'm teaching him more English and he's teaching me French!

No comments :

Post a Comment