Monday, March 9, 2015

It's a Small World After All! - 2/9/14



Helllooo everybody!

So, I'm a bit short on time today, but I wanted to leave you with an experience that just blew me away.

So get this, there's a lady from Thailand in our ward who is super awesome. I'd love to give you some first names, but I only know her as Sœur (sister) Ferrazza. Sœur Ferrazza is awesome! She's very active in ward missionary work and invites her friends to meet the missionaries and take their lessons all the time. She is easily one of the most devoted members of the ward and has been a big help in the building of the kingdom in Antony.

A couple weeks ago, while eating dinner with the Ferrazza family, Sœur Ferrazza was surprised at my tolerance and liking of Thai food. I mentioned that I had an uncle that lived in Thailand for a number of years who introduced me to the culture. She asked for his name, and the moment that I said Derek States (that's right, Uncle Derek, I'm calling you out) she exclaimed "Derek?! Derek?! Derek introduced me to the Church!" Upon further conversation, it turns-out that Sœur Ferrazza was indeed brought to the Church by my uncle!

At times in life we all might wonder if we've really done any good in the world. I know that I've gotten down on myself at times because I felt like I've missed so many opportunities to share the "good news". Just remember that there are many unseen influences that comes about from those actions that we do take. I can't read my uncle's mind, but doubt that he was anticipating Sœur Ferrazza helping the missionaries in France, let alone his own nephew. So, let this be a reason to do good. Every action you take makes some sort of impact, so let us choose to act for the Lord.  


And by the way, voici my new companion, Elder Stanford! Isn't he the studliest Canadian Moose-Buck the world's ever known? I'll say!

Love you all! Do good things and think before you act!

Elder Wheatley

1 comment :

  1. Hello Elder Wheatley!

    My friend full name is Charinan Ferrazza. Her nickname is Jum.!! Thai people call nickname more than full name.
    Yes she is my friend and your uncle Derek brought her to Church and she converted to LDS church. After that time Charinan Ferrazza brought me to met your uncle Derek, after I met your uncle Derek, he introduced me to met missionaries and challenged me to learn his church. I excepted his challenged and after that you knew what happen right? I converted to LDS Church and married to your uncle Derek. I want to say your uncle Derek is a good missionary for many people in Thailand. Charinan and I are not only Derek brought to church until converted but he brought many. He help God work by no calling.!! He brought Thai, Sri Lanka, Nepalese, Vietnamese and many while he lived in Thailand about 9 years in that time. I knew because I saw with my own eyes.

    God work on Human.!! I knew is true.!! This is marvelous work of God. This is very good to knew How much you enjoy and love your missions. Thank you for share this wonderful messages.

    God be with you until we meet again,!!

    Indy States

    ReplyDelete