Monday, March 9, 2015

Christmas! 12/22/14

Merry Christmas everyone!
I know we're a few days in advance, but like, I'm not going to be talking to any of you until next Monday... well most of you.
So, I had a thought hit me this week. Last Thursday, I had the chance to sing with three other missionaries at a zone conference comprising of half of the mission. Elder Texiera from the 70 was present to speak and instruct. The song we sang was an a capella arrangement of I heard the bells on Christmas Day. It was in preparing for this song that I came to respect and love the message of this song. Check it:
  1.  I heard the bells on Christmas day
    Their old familiar carols play,
    And wild and sweet the words repeat
    Of peace on earth, good will to men.
  2.  I thought how, as the day had come,
    The belfries of all Christendom
    Had rolled along th'unbroken song
    Of peace on earth, good will to men.
  3.  And in despair I bowed my head:
    "There is no peace on earth," I said,
    "For hate is strong and mocks the song
    Of peace on earth, good will to men."
  4. Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
    "God is not dead, nor doth he sleep;
    The wrong shall fail, the right prevail,
    With peace on earth, good will to men."
  5.  Till, ringing, singing, on its way,
    The world revolved from night to day,
    A voice, a chime, a chant sublime,
    Of peace on earth, good will to men!
Brothers and sisters, we meet people everyday who scoff at our message saying "how could a loving God let all the hate and atrocity in the world go on?" But my message is this, "God is not dead, nor doth he sleep; the wrong shall fail, the right prevail, with peace on earth, good will to men." God is alive, he loves each and every one of us, and as you seek for his hand, you will come to learn of this too. Don't be ashamed to lift your head and wish those around you a very Merry Christmas, for this peaceful message is for everyone.
Love you all, and Merry Christmas!
Elder Wheatley
There's a tank right next to our apartment! France, man, just leaving stuff around....


​Elder Nelson and I finally got to see the Eiffel Tower at night! We have some members that live right by it!


​I looked out my window the other day, and had to get a photo.



No comments :

Post a Comment