Monday, March 9, 2015

L'amour de Dieu - 8/18/14



Bonjour à tous!
This week was easily one of the best weeks of my entire life. I can honestly say that I experienced a few moments where the only thing I felt was happiness. These moments came as Elder Utahia and I delivered our musical fireside, "L'amour de Dieu."
I'm not gonna lie, this fireside was flippin' hard to prepare. We've spent a month getting everything ready, and even with a month of preparation under our belts, it still felt like we were no where close to being prepared. This week was crazy as we called countless people, organized practices, printed programs, cooked food, and decorated the church. It was crazy, but it was so worth it.
With the help of six other missionaries, a branch choir, and the Sprit of the Lord, lives were touched. We delivered nine musical numbers including 2 choir numbers, 2 duets, 1 solos, 1 quartet, 2 instrumental performances, 1 primary performance, and seven talks! The Spirit was so strong! To make things even better, the mission president and his wife came and gave talks at the end! President Babin cried while giving his talk, he was so touched. I have never felt such a strong Spirit in a single room in my life.
I have to say though, one of the biggest miracles came from the members. For weeks we've been promoting this thing and giving spiritual thoughts to our members. Along with our 31 active members came 14 non-members!!! That's nearly every other member bringing a friend! In the United States, that's like having 150 non-members show up at a ward function! It was phenomenal!
After the evening, member after member came up to us to tell us how touched they were, and how they haven't felt a spirit like that in years. There was a fire in the members the following day at church, and we received more referrals in one day than we have in the past two transfers combined. The Lord really blessed us.
Just remember, everyone, that the Lord really does love us, and we can feel it if we try. I felt the love of my Father in Heaven this week more than I have in a long time, and I found a scripture that can answer why: 1 John 4:7-11

"Beloved, 
let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God,and knoweth God.He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Soninto the world, that we might live through him.
Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be thepropitiation for our sins.
Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another."
I really grew to love these people through serving them, and as I loved them, I felt a little more that the Lord loves me.
"Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved."
- President Thomas S. Monson

No comments :

Post a Comment