Monday, February 8, 2016

Transfers, iPads, and musical fireside! 4/27/15



Hi everyone!

So this week was an eventful one and full of exciting changes.

First of all, I'm leaving Paris this Wednesday! I have been called to serve in Liège, Belgium! I'm leaving on Wednesday. Here's my new mailing address:

Les Missionnaires
Elder Wheatley
16/2 Rue Carlier
4000 Liège
Belgique

I'm very excited as my new companion is fresh in his 3rd transfer and ready to work hard! I had a chance to meet him earlier today at a mission conference that spoke about our incoming...

iPads!!

We will be receiving these bad boys before the end of this transfer, and they will prove to be a great tool in missionary work. So you know, I will be authorized to use Facebook again, however, such use will be greatly limited for missionary focus and security -- meaning, don't take it personally if I unfriend a bunch of you (it's temporary). Facebook efforts will be concentrated to my area and I won't be chatting with the homies back home. That's what Monday emails are for (;

Finally, this week we had our musical fireside for which we've spent the last couple months preparing! We were so blessed to see 17 investigators and less active members present, and not to mention one very kind and frail Italian woman who saw all the décorations and flowers dressed so skillfully by our sister missionaries and came in to stay the whole program! Theresa then came to Church the next day, and wants to take the lessons this week!

I was so pleased with how it all went, and I think one of the greatest highlights for me was the presence of Frère Loungossi's wife and daughter! They came!


​Frère Loungossi was so happy and the Spirit was so strong. I was very pleased with how this fireside worked-out. The Lord truly provided for us.

Well, I love you all, and more than anything else, I love missionary work. Just look at this family. I promise you that sincerely happy smiles like that only come after a full evening of the Spirit. The joys that come from sharing the Gospel cannot be compared.

I'm not going to make this drag on, but I'll just tell it like it is: if you're not in the process of sharing the gospel with a friend, a family member, and those whom you home teach, repent, and start doing it. Show the Lord your desire to serve, then pray for direction on who you can share this message with; I promise that you will receive a specific response if you pray with a sincere heart. Remember the words of President David O. McKay "Every member is a missionary."

Loves,

Elder Wheatley

No comments :

Post a Comment